Monday 21 September 2015

The session cannot be logged out since a device on that session is currently being used.

Just a quick post.

I was just trying to remove an equallogic iscsi target drive and when disconnecting the session received the error...

"The session cannot be logged out since a device on that session is currently being used"

I also noticed that the drive in question caused Windows to be unresponsive when doing anything that required the drives to be enumerated, I.e looking in device manager / my computer.

If you have the same issue the fix is pretty simple


  1. In Disk Management (when it finally loads) right click the disk in question and mark it as offline
  2. In the iscsi initiator software, now disconnect the sessions.

Problem solved.


2 comments:

  1. I did exactly that and it makes no difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i swear sometimes it seems like people in blog like this didn't tried their own solutions and just talking from their bottoms, didn't work.

    you can take the iscsi down from the target then dissconect it which worked for me on one of my computers, on the other one after trying to disconnect a day latter i managed to without any problem,the computer was back from sleep and then i succeeded so it might work to put the disk offline then log out and then log on but it is just a theory.

    ReplyDelete